Clean & Bright Theme [Beta] - Better Battlelog Forums #102881

Sitemap
Post edited 4 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Hi all,

If you are also bored by the darkness of Battlelog, here I give you the solution!
I'm making a theme to transform Battlelog into something more user-friendly.
If you want to take a look at it, here are the link to the plugin which will load the CSS.
Remind it's still a Beta version and there are many bugs ;)

- Link
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/opx8sewpt56ifxs/plugin.js

- Changelog:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/pipg4kn2senpguw/changelog.txt

The theme will often be updated automatically.

Hope you'll like my work :)
WiLLyS - gamer & developer
http://win8art.com/uploads/posts/2011-09/1317396329_battlefield_3_hd_wallpaper_by_ghost522-d4b4znm.png

background
Post edited 1 x times, last by
The grey links and the headers are a bit hard to see.
Wow, that looks good

http://i.localhostr.de/01c3427398battlelog___battlefield_z.png
Topicstarter
Hi T3RRORTOAST, can you send me the background?
I'm hardly working on the Beta version (I've plenty of display bugs to fix) which should be released soon.
Sure! The pattern is from here:
http://subtlepatterns.com/?s=Shattered&submit=Search
- My tip: subtlepatterns.com you can find many other nice patterns.
I would use it, when the "Top Story-field" , "Premium-field" and the "Upcoming Unlock-field" would be round in the corners, like in the "Dark Theme" by juress. Maybe you can add it. :)
Topicstarter
I would use it, when the "Top Story-field" , "Premium-field" and the "Upcoming Unlock-field" would be round in the corners, like in the "Dark Theme" by juress. Maybe you can add it. :)

Good idea, will be in next update ;)
If you like dark theme, you should know that i'm also working on a dark version of the same "clean" theme which will be release for BF4.
In the new Battlelog are many classes, container different. They have a different name. So I would wait for the BF4 beta.
Topicstarter
Ofc I'll wait for Beta but still there's no big difference between a light and a dark theme (just some color changes) which aren't linked to the classe's name.
But how do you know that? Did you get access to Alpha? I'm interested...
A friend with alpha access told me that
WiLLyS-exe wrote:

If you like dark theme, you should know that i'm also working on a dark version of the same "clean" theme which will be release for BF4.

Ohh, man awesome! ^^
Topicstarter
Theme updated to 0.2 Alpha fixing some bugs (but adding new, indeed) and changing some pages.
Please tell me if you find any big issue.
I'm still working on Beta with a lot of changes coming I hope next week.

Ohh, man awesome! ^^

Here you go ;)
Wow, just wow. Nothing more, nothing less.

--
However, I have found a few "bugs". Or maybe they are supposed to be that way, but in my opinion it should be changed to make it even better. :-)

The "apply" button on the Loadout page is a barely readable. I think this should be leveled with all other yellow buttons.
loadout.png

The Premium header on a profile page is quite ugly at this theme, it's too dark. Maybe you can lighten it up a bit or something?
premium.png

The small "hover down thingie" (what is the name of such thing) of the four right buttons (Battle Reports, Matches, Notifications and Edit Profile) are a bit darker then all other larger "hover down thingies" (Soldier, Multiplayer and Forums). I think it would be nice to level these up at the same darkness.
small hover thingie.png

big hover thingie.png
Topicstarter
Thanks for these suggestions, I'll answer. You know, this is only an Alpha version so there are still many things to improve ;)

The "apply" button on the Loadout page is a barely readable. I think this should be leveled with all other yellow buttons.

I know about this. It's because the button is "unactivated". I hope to fix this for Beta.

The Premium header on a profile page is quite ugly at this theme, it's too dark. Maybe you can lighten it up a bit or something?

Did though about this. Maybe a good idea and I'll look at it for further version.

The small "hover down thingie" (what is the name of such thing) of the four right buttons (Battle Reports, Matches, Notifications and Edit Profile) are a bit darker then all other larger "hover down thingies" (Soldier, Multiplayer and Forums). I think it would be nice to level these up at the same darkness.

I didn't notice that since I've an issue where I can't see these "hover down thingie" (Battle Reports, Matches, Notifications and Edit Profile) but I'll try to fix in the near future.

If you have any other suggestion, just tell me and I'll see what I can do.
And I might upload a screenshot of current Beta stages if you want?
I know it's just an Alpha, but I couldn't find any 'changelog' or 'known bugs' or something like that. Maybe it's an idea to make such list when Beta goes live. :-)
Unfortunately with only a screenshot of Beta I/we can not test it, so we'll have to wait for it.
Topicstarter
Meaurk wrote:
I know it's just an Alpha, but I couldn't find any 'changelog' or 'known bugs' or something like that. Maybe it's an idea to make such list when Beta goes live. :-)

I updated and added a changelog:
You should let, if possible, the link of the changelog in the footer open in a new tab. :-)
Oh and is the footer meant to be dark blue, or is it just so because of the Alpha?
Topicstarter
Hi everyone,

I just released Beta (0.3.0) with new buttons style and the background from the new Battleog for BF4!
This version still needs a lot of tweaks and bug fixes so tell me what you see, and I'll try to update often to get something working properly before Battlefield 4 Beta.
Click here to see changelog:

Meaurk wrote:
You should let, if possible, the link of the changelog in the footer open in a new tab. :-)

Done
Meaurk wrote:
Oh and is the footer meant to be dark blue, or is it just so because of the Alpha?

I'll fix that in further updates
You really should change the background to the one Terrortoast gave to you.
shattered.png

It's more basic and minimalistic. Somehow this theme looks like iOS 7 to me. I like it. :-)

However I've found some "bugs":

I think the "show all players" button also need to have the new button style. The edges of the old one are quite rough and cut off.
showallplayers.png

I know you've changed the "header squares" in this update, but wouldn't it be better to make them the same as all other buttons?
headersquares.png

I think you need to level the clickable thingies on the main page. Personally I don't like the new image when you've clicked "Battlereports". But I love the image of the News and Store. :)
hoverbattlereports.png
hovernews.png

And just an idea. Is it possible to change the grey selected area for the nice orange outline? (More important, you need to like it as well)
serverlist.png
Topicstarter
Updated to 0.3.1 - bugs fixed and some tweaks
See changelog for details:

I still have some bugs to fix and many pages to tweak so updates will go on.
I'm also planing new features from the plugin so stay tuned ;)

Meaurk wrote:
You really should change the background to the one Terrortoast gave to you.
It's more basic and minimalistic. Somehow this theme looks like iOS 7 to me. I like it. :-)

Thinking about it.

Meaurk wrote:

I think the "show all players" button also need to have the new button style. The edges of the old one are quite rough and cut off.

Of course you're right, I'll change that in further updates.

Meaurk wrote:

I know you've changed the "header squares" in this update, but wouldn't it be better to make them the same as all other buttons?

What I meant by "header squares" is the "Top story" "Co-op", etc squares.
But to answer you, I don't think I'm gonna make these buttons clear as the others because it doesn't look good with some backgrounds. These new buttons are only nice with a clear and plain background.

Meaurk wrote:

I think you need to level the clickable thingies on the main page. Personally I don't like the new image when you've clicked "Battlereports". But I love the image of the News and Store. :)

If I understood well, it chould be fixed in this update.

Meaurk wrote:

And just an idea. Is it possible to change the grey selected area for the nice orange outline? (More important, you need to like it as well)

It's sounds like a good idea, I'll think about it and see what i can do.
I have a question. How I need the plugin for? :O
Topicstarter
As it is today, the plugin only does a few things:
- change Better Battlelog icon to text
- change Battlelog icon to text
- add time in the Com Center
- add version and changelog link in the footer
- fix a bug where the Server Browser button on the home page is hidden in French

But in the future, I'll add more features like a switch from Clear to Dark colors, maps categorized by DLC and whatever goes well to make Battlelog even better ;)
WiLLyS-exe wrote:
Meaurk wrote:

If I understood well, it chould be fixed in this update.

Unfortunately it isn't fixed with this update. Or is it meant to be this way?
clickthingie.png
Topicstarter
I don't see what you mean exactly. Maybe you can precise more?
Is the icon meant to be disappear when clicked? Because it is now.
1st: I have a question. I don't like the BF4 Batllelog Background at all. It dosen't fit with the clean theme. How can I change to Terrortoast's one? :/

2nd: Found some Bugs - When Ioad the site or refresh it, the Text on Top is.. I don't know.
See it for your self -->
Schrift.PNG

It gets only normal when i swipe over, it with my mouse.

Also, I have installed the "Extended Friendlist"-Plugin. The Refresh button disappears but its clickable.
-->
Ext Friendlist.PNG

And also at the com center. I would make the heads of the "Create Groupchat"-Button black or at least
darker, so you can see it easier. -->
Group.PNG

EDIT: Basicly what Meaurk means is that the Icons don't get brighter when they got a click
-->
Icon.PNG

(I am using a Win8 Theme, not Win8 itself, before i get tons of questions.. I was to lazy to snip the
pic again)
twm-killerkeks wrote:
1st: I have a question. I don't like the BF4 Batllelog Background at all. It dosen't fit with the clean theme. How can I change to Terrortoast's one? :/

You can change this with the integrated background changer (see Battlelog settings). Paste the line below in the area and it'll change. :)

url(http://subtlepatterns.com/patterns/shattered.png) top center repeat
Meaurk wrote:
twm-killerkeks wrote:

You can change this with the integrated background changer (see Battlelog settings). Paste the line below in the area and it'll change. :)

url(http://subtlepatterns.com/patterns/shattered.png) top center repeat

Thanks ^^
I knowed the changer. but i don't get which url i have to use ^^
Don't work :(
It's only white :/

-->
weiß.PNG
right url.PNG

(I tried it with "top center repeat" too)
Try this:
url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97057514/shattered.png) top center repeat
Meaurk wrote:
Try this:
url(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97057514/shattered.png) top center repeat

Now it works fine. Thank you very much. :)
Post edited 2 x times, last by
Hi,
would be cool if you could add "$('#extFLRefresh').attr('src', 'http://kurtextrem.de/bbl/refresh_dark.png')" to your plugin. If you don't want to support my plugin in your plugin it would be nice if you could add a class (e.g. "bright-theme") to the body or something similar (So I could know my user is using your theme).

By the way your theme is nice, I'm using it now :)

And I found a bug:
http://prntscr.com/1lxlyy
(The message button is too white on hover, you can barely see it)
kurtextrem wrote:
Hi,
would be cool if you could add "$('#extFLRefresh').attr('src', 'http://kurtextrem.de/bbl/refresh_dark.png')" to your plugin. If you don't want to support my plugin in your plugin it would be nice if you could add a class (e.g. "bright-theme") to the body or something similar (So I could know my user is using your theme).

By the way your theme is nice, I'm using it now :)

And I found a bug:
http://prntscr.com/1lxlyy
(The message button is too white on hover, you can barely see it)

Please use our own image upload next time! ;)
I have no clue what are you talking about...?
You took another Website to upload your Image. But you can use the uploader of their website.
When you write a pos, ,there should be a button that says "My Attachments".
Ah okay. It's more comfortable to use a screenshot program (for me) so I did not think about that...
kurtextrem wrote:
Ah okay. It's more comfortable to use a screenshot program (for me) so I did not think about that...

but this is uncomfortable for other user, we have to open your link to see your picture, and on these website are many adds and commercial things which are anoying, sometimes hidding your image so we have to close te overlay and else. and sometimes the image will be deleted after few days/weeks/month so we have to ask again for the screen. which takes longer to solve the problem.
Topicstarter
Hi everyone,

I had a lot of work these days so I couldn't answer or work on the theme, but now i'm back to business.
So first of all the background from Terrortoast will be default in next update.
I can also tell you that this update will fix a lot of bugs including the dark icon that Meaurk told about and the issue with the "Extended friendlist" plugin. It will also include tweaks of every pages I hadn't done in last update.

Buy infortunately, I won't be able to fix the "Create group chat" button since it's glitched on my computer**.

http://getbblog.com/en/download?type=attachments&id=105824&file=Schrift.PNG

I know about this but it happens on Chrome (28 for me) but not on Firefox (23) so I can't really find why :/

**as well as the "Battlereports", "Matches" and "Updates" drop-downs, but I still don't know why
WiLLyS-exe wrote:
http://getbblog.com/en/download?type=attachments&id=105824&file=Schrift.PNG
I know about this but it happens on Chrome (28 for me) but not on Firefox (23) so I can't really find why :/

I don't know why you'd use a plugin for that, just use the :after pseudo selector in CSS.

Add the following to your CSS file, and you wont need the plugin for that specific task any more, and it should also solve the problem.
xXJumpyXx wrote:
#bblog-menu-icon:after {
content: "Better Battlelog";
}

#base-header .log-bar a.logo:after {
content: "Battlelog";
}
"Better Battlelog" disapeared ! :O
Topicstarter
CartmaniLP wrote:
"Better Battlelog" disapeared ! :O

How? Can you make a screenshot?
If you use the css without the plugin that happens..
Topicstarter
kurtextrem wrote:
If you use the css without the plugin that happens..

Ofc, but will be changed soon (thanks to Jumpy).
Post edited 3 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Just released 0.3.2 update to fix this bug and do some other things before the Battlelog maintenance goes live. If this Battlelog is updated and my theme is broken, I'll be releasing a hot-fix as fast as possible.

PS: there are some bugs i'm aware of in this version so thanks to not report any bugs before next update

Edit: 0.3.3 fixed 404 error from background
Dude, I know you're busy, but you really need to update your team. :-)
Topicstarter
Hello,

I'm back from over 3 weeks without Internet.
I'll do my best to update my theme quickly.

Stay tuned,
WiLLyS
Anyone can help me ? why not looks same (image)

EDIT Meaurk: My apologies, I've clicked the wrong buttons.
The theme is not up-to-date, you'll have to wait for an update. :-)
Topicstarter
Hi all,

I'm coming with good news for you guys waiting for an update: it's finally there.
Even if not perfect this fixes the menus glitched since last Battlelog update.
Just one little modification because i have split the theme into a few css files: CSS are loaded through the plugin so only use it and
delete the link in theme switcher
It make maintenance easier for me.

I'll be rolling out more updates for Battlefield 4 soon ;)
Forgive me, but I have no idea how to run your theme. Theme switcher only works on CS file not JS. I'm not too bright though.
MyTrojanDonkey wrote:
Forgive me, but I have no idea how to run your theme. Theme switcher only works on CS file not JS. I'm not too bright though.

Put the .js it into Plugins. It's gonna load the .css files.

Btw: I think the theme is optimized for BF3 Battlelog (if you are playing BF4).
Thanks. Not crazy about their BF4 BL web interface.
I would love this theme if you could make all the white text a different color. White text on a white background isnt very practical.