BBLog Board into Battlelog - Better Battlelog Forums #110237

Sitemap
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Hi all!

I've a idea, but i don't know if it is good or not.
How you think about a BBLog Board integration into Battlelog?
I think about a simple frame integration that allows all registered battlelog users to write in our forums.

What i expect from that?
More and better feedback.
BrainFooLong wrote:
Hi all!

I've a idea, but i don't know if it is good or not.
How you think about a BBLog Board integration into Battlelog?
I think about a simple frame integration that allows all registered battlelog users to write in our forums.

What i expect from that?
More and better feedback.

Sounds interesting.

Do you think about adding something like the Forum search and New posts container on the right side of getbblog or what was your idea?

Anyway, it would, as you already mentioned, most likely get you more viewers to write in the forums or search for problem solving, simply because its easier to click into a search bar or onto a forum link.
Topicstarter
I think about the board in general.

With write access. So a user don't need to goto getbblog.com (most people don't care about this website) and than they can post directly in battlelog to our board.

For people that don't have an account here i can make it simple with just entering manually their email to create an account on getbblog, than they be able to post.

How integrate it? Just as a iframe that i integrate into battlelog, don't thought about the place right now.
BrainFooLong wrote:

I see. I guess that would be even better. People are lazy. Lol
BrainFooLong wrote:
How integrate it? Just as a iframe that i integrate into battlelog, don't thought about the place right now.

BBlog Forums button next to the Forums button and maybe even make it look like the official forums.
You could set up a page similar to how the log-in via battlelog works. It would keep you on battlelog itself, but you would be able to adjust whatever you wanted. I'm not even sure to what extent that would work.
Another thing you could do is have two separate views for the bblog drop down menu, with a button to switch between the two. One view would have all of the options that we have now. The other would be a whole view dedicated to a compact version of the forums. That way you wouldn't have to worry about squeezing the forums in with the options.
BrainFooLong wrote:

With write access. So a user don't need to goto getbblog.com (most people don't care about this website) and than they can post directly in battlelog to our board.

For people that don't have an account here i can make it simple with just entering manually their email to create an account on getbblog, than they be able to post.

Good idea, I think you should integrate it in a frame below the actual forum (same layout, same design)...make it more transparent/simple
In addition maybe it will be useful to have :
- check boxes in options to hide/show battlelog forum categories
- few more important BBlog board categories and a "view more activity/categories" button to deploy all categories
i think you and me already talked long time ago about this idea.
(do you remember, i made you an offer to integrate our board in the general battlelog forum with an framework)

you wasnt really about this idea because you thought a lof of people cound't see the difference between regular battlelog forum and getbblog.
Topicstarter
ORFK wrote:
i think you and me already talked long time ago about this idea

Yep i know. But it's ok to re-consider some ideas :)
The main idea is now to get more dynamic feedback for bblog.
I don't want to make it "seamless" in battlelog, it should be clear for everyone that this is the bblog board.
I don't know what we have exactly talked about previously but for fresh ideas i opened this thread.

It's still much work when i do that, i'm not sure actually in making this.
generally i would, like last time when we talked, support this idea.
I'll just make a list of possible pros and cons that I can think of with this idea.

PROS:
1. More feedback
(BBLog, Plugins, Themes, Translations)

2. More forum activity
3. Communication between the BBLog Team and users will increase
4. DICE/EA employees and/or Battlelog Moderators might start posting

CONS:
1. More spam posts
(and other rule breaking posts in general)

I see it as 4 to 1, and would really like it if this idea was brought to life :-)
Topicstarter
So, after some testing and considering time i must reject my own idea.
Too much work for a maybe useless feature or a feature that mess up our board with spam posts.