TitanFall - Better Battlelog Forums #114692

Sitemap
Topicstarter
Is it a revolution? Or more of the same?

On the website the game is very cool -
http://www.titanfall.com/

Release.: March 11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=51NlJ9Tl7DM
In my opinion, a Call of Duty with Mechs.
Same opinion as Brain, waiting for the Beta though. Maybe my opinion will change then.
This is the least revolutionary game I've seen. Incredibly overhyped and frankly, I expected more from Respawn.
If we're gonna talk about expectations, I really put all my money on The Division.
Meaurk wrote:
If we're gonna talk about expectations, I really put all my money on The Division.

Ditto :)
I was kinda hyped but after seeing some Alpha gameplay videos it didn't impress me too much, in fact the infantry gameplay reminds me of CoD, maybe the mech gameplay will bring something new.
My initial thought when I saw the gameplay videos was "CoD with Mechs". We'll see how it turns out. Also, it's published by EA so I don't really expect anything good.
And besides it reminds me to Call of Duty, I really don't like the max players is 6 VS 6.
Post edited 2 x times, last by
I expect the following scenario: Massively overhyped - Many will buy it because all trailers and other official promotion stuff will look epic. Release will be buggy and servers will be underpowered for release. The game will be unfinished on release. In the end, it will end like MOHW.
I expect NOTHING anymore from a game with EA as publisher - I failed with SimCity and BF4, that will be my last fails.
BrainFooLong wrote:
I expect the following scenario: Massively overhyped - Many will buy it because all trailers and other official promotion stuff will look epic. Release will be buggy and servers will be underpowered for release. The game will be unfinished on release. In the end, it will end like MOHW.
I expect NOTHING anymore from a game with EA as publisher - I failed with SimCity and BF4, that will be my last fails.

Me too. I expect at least 2 or 3 months of fun.

I don't expect too much from EA anymore. They fail a lot lately...
Anyone else got a beta invite? :D
kurtextrem wrote:

Nope. Not yet. But I am not to fixated on getting an Invite. Anyway, have fun.
I'm looking forward to it, but I can't get it when it's released, because Microsoft still haven't decided when to launch the Xbox One in Sweden (I could import, but I'd rather not).

Anyhow, if any of you guys like Titanfall, you can drop by
http://titandrop.com
- a fansite where I'm one of the writers.
kurtextrem wrote:

yes, 1x for pc and 2x for xbox one (all redeemed) :P
T3RRORTOAST wrote:
[quote=kurtextrem]Anyone else got a beta invite? :D

yes, 1x for pc and 2x for xbox one (all redeemed) :P

btw. Titanfall is a really awesome game!
oooooooohhh that game looks super sexy
BrainFooLong wrote:
In my opinion, a Call of Duty with Mechs.

i think the same.. to much PR for bad games, like everytime when EA is publishing something "new".
thats typically for EA. good game, small PR, bad game, big PR, and when did EA small PR last time? actually i doens't really know anymore *laughing*

Meaurk wrote:

well i'm not REALLY sure if this would be really so good as it look atm. discussed with a friend of mine about it and he thinks it would have more/the same restrictions than gtav by rockstar games.

BrainFooLong wrote:

Nano wrote:
I don't expect too much from EA anymore. They fail a lot lately..

ahhh look at it :-D i told this more than one year ago but nobody believes me!
i think you should what these to videos about EA but i will open for this a new topic xD
pls see:
http://getbblog.com/en/board/topic/115017/1/is-the-gaming-industry-crashing-again#post-115018
Post edited 1 x times, last by
ORFK wrote:
Meaurk wrote:

well i'm not REALLY sure if this would be really so good as it look atm. discussed with a friend of mine about it and he thinks it would have more/the same restrictions than gtav by rockstar games.

True, but you can not compare GTAV and The Divison with each other. That's like comparing Call of Duty with Battlefield. Loads of people do it, but they are two different games. :-)
what i mean is: in GTAV they told it would be really dinamyc with the robbery missions. finally you had only 2 or 3 missions where you could choose between two options, not more! i think by the division could it goes to the same direction, that you dont have so many options they're told.
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Tested the BETA right now for about 2 hours.

Good tutorial about all possible features.
*Very fast gameplay.
*Titan plays like a typical mech-machine.
* In basic no weapon recoil/spread (like COD) - Require less skill, forces fast gameplay.
* Many in-game messages and especially when many titans are on the battlefield it confuses me alot, just shotin randomly on all moving objects.
* For the current average graphics it requires a lot PC power - Stuck on my computer with 1920x1080 on medium settings. BF4 runs fine at high on the same resolution. Maybe a Beta Issue.
* Fresh new mechanics with vertical gameplay because of double jumps, wallruns and a combination of them.
* Pretty much all feels very similar to COD - XP, Menu, Interface, Gameplay.

For me, i don't will buy that game. Just another solid shooter but no highlight for me.