[BF4][BETA] Platoon Helper [INACTIVE] - Better Battlelog Forums #116444

Sitemap
Post edited 17 x times, last by
Topicstarter
This plugin is UNDER DEVELOPMENT (it is not fully working).

The idea is to make a plug in which will help the platoons to set up clan wars and recruit new members. A list of platoons (like the server browser) where you will be able to "Chalenge to war" other clans. You will be able to enlist your platoon (if you are a Founder/Leader) in the list and select on which game modes / map / player number you would like to fight. Other clans will be able to challenge you to a war through the plugin (based on their interests) and contact with you.

WORKING:

-

IDEAS:

- Search options (above the list like the server browser)
- Platoon recruiting (button next to the Challenge button maybe? same list?)
- Challenge a platoon (make the challenge button to show options to set the clan-war)
- Notification system
- War challenges Log
- Mesure and save platoon ping (so you can see which clan has same a ping with you)

Tell me how you would like to see the above ideas, changes over the current features...
What should the challenge button do? Show a box with date / time options?

Cooming soon

LINKS:

- Still working

INSTALLATION:

Add the link above in your bblog's plug ins.

CHANGELOG:

- Project was renamed to Platoon Helper
Post edited 1 x times, last by
GreatApo wrote:
Do you like the idea?
Would you use it?
Should i continue?
Feel free to through more ideas...

I love the idea
Nope, because BF4 is not to meant to be played, not in public, and especially not in a competitive environment. Sadly.
Sure, why not. The idea is great!
Topicstarter
It can be also made working on BF3...
GreatApo wrote:
It can be also made working on BF3...

The problem with BF3 is, that it's dead. Just keep working on the plugin for BF4. :-) The opinion above is just my personal opinion. People, actually a lot of people play some kind of competitive Battlefield 4.
Post edited 2 x times, last by
This is a great idea! I might be a bit ambitious but I think that depending on how well a fully functional prototype goes, you might be able to come up with your own integrated competition system.

Maybe a point and ranking system, ally platoons, or maybe even the ability to ante up on matches.
There is the basic, free ladder that every platoon can join right away, but they don't reward too many points.
Higher ladders would give you a greater point reward, but they would require higher and higher ante up.
Losing would cost you the points that you earned and possibly a rank if it drops low enough.

I'm not sure what kind of back-end you are thinking about using and if it would be able to handle all of this, or if it is pretty much only client based, but lots of ideas just exploded in my head of things you could do.

Though I couldn't use it because I have not played BF4 in a while, but I do think you should continue.
Topicstarter
i am going to use my server to return to the plugin the requested list of platoons with each platoons data.

I will keep it simple as a start and we will be able to develop it after the basic features are ready.

The point system is a nice idea. Maybe you can gain points based to the opposite platoon's SPM or K/D, and lose less points if it has higher stats. But this will be a second step, i will have to get the main code working.
Ambitious - Hope you will not lose the fun on making this :)
Being a currently active competitive BF4 player, I think this is an amazing idea, it can actually make the competitive a little bit better. Thanks to the useless DICE, currently you can play competitive matches only by using external sites (such as ESL) or by adding your opponent as a friend (little bit annoying considering the 100 friends limit). So yeah, this plugin can really improve the competitive for BF4, at least when searching for an opponent.

First, I'd suggest you to focus on the basic stuff, having a ladder system with points and everything is awesome but it's not necessary. The main and most important thing it's gonna be the organization of the matches.

So basic stuff are:
- the team name (e.g. the platoon name or maybe allow a custom name too);
- some extra custom info (e.g. specific rules and limitations);
- the game mode (e.g. domination 5vs5, defuse 5vs5, conquest 8vs8);
- the server address (very useful imho);
- optional: the server password (only visible after accepting the match);
- the username of the match submitter (the founder/leader that added the challenge, so if you want you can add him to friends).

Having these stuff is gonna be a good starting point. :)
It would also might be nice to just mark yourself as 'open.' That way if you don't want to challenge someone specifically, you can make yourself available to any willing platoon that is in the mood for a match.
GreatApo wrote:
i am going to use my server to return to the plugin the requested list of platoons with each platoons data.

I will keep it simple as a start and we will be able to develop it after the basic features are ready.

The point system is a nice idea. Maybe you can gain points based to the opposite platoon's SPM or K/D, and lose less points if it has higher stats. But this will be a second step, i will have to get the main code working.

I like it a lot!

And i'll like much more if you put backend as OpenSource (or for selected partners)... :D
Here, in Brazil, we don't have any leagues or something else with good system or organization.
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Dendari wrote:
So basic stuff are:
- the team name (e.g. the platoon name or maybe allow a custom name too);
- some extra custom info (e.g. specific rules and limitations);
- the game mode (e.g. domination 5vs5, defuse 5vs5, conquest 8vs8);
- the server address (very useful imho);
- optional: the server password (only visible after accepting the match);
- the username of the match submitter (the founder/leader that added the challenge, so if you want you can add him to friends).
Nice, this is very helpful :)

GameFreakBoy wrote:
It would also might be nice to just mark yourself as 'open.' That way if you don't want to challenge someone specifically, you can make yourself available to any willing platoon that is in the mood for a match.
You may be able to do so within settings.

Nano wrote:
And i'll like much more if you put backend as OpenSource (or for selected partners)... :D
Since only Admins and Leaders will be able to mess with each clan's setting, releasing the server code may lead to holes in the system... ex. player may found a hole and change setting of other platoons.
These are the things that i am currently thinking, but if anyone want the code for developing reasons i think there is no problem giving it to him.
Very good idea !

GameFreakBoy wrote:

I agree a lot of clans will be interested to meet other clans for fun.

don't forget the plateform in the basic stuff : PC, PS3,...
For BF3, a list of PS3/XBOX clans has been created and shared : 60% of clans wanted only fun, 30% wanted playing for fun or esport.
Note that the list has been also created for people that looking for a platoon or a platoon which looking for soldiers
Topicstarter
Amkhatar wrote:
Note that the list has been also created for people that looking for a platoon or a platoon which looking for soldiers
You are in my mind!
I am thinking of integrating a list for recruiting announces but also a war challenge log (you will be able to see who challenged who).
Under "Your Platoon Settings" I get
Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/alites/www/clan_war_helper/clan_war_helper_beta.php on line 219
Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /home/alites/www/clan_war_helper/clan_war_helper_beta.php on line 219
Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /home/alites/www/clan_war_helper/clan_war_helper_beta.php on line 219
Topicstarter
The server tries to find out your platoon's flag (and he can't obviously :P)
I haven't put conditions into the code. I will rewrite it, do not worry ;)

Can you link me the platoon you are in?
Awesome idea, but challanging platoon or other teams is not that much of a problem. You just add the leader and have a conversation with him. Whats problematic for me, if your full team is not here you want to play some competetive with some randoms against some other randoms that have your skill level. Well i explained pretty long what i mean in here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBQCttMXlm0
. Would be nice to have some feedback

and how to install your javascript file for the beta?
and to your pictures and rules system, i would add as option ESL Rules, BNL Rules, Level 8v8 Rules and more league rules.
Topicstarter
Very nice video and ideas. You focus more on server-position joining. i am not trying to do so (i can't actually), even if you can make such a system with a plug in none of the players will stay in their positions... only dice from the source code can make sth like that.

We target on a platoon system. Clan wars or small matches if it is posible. You can add the leader only if you know him... we will try to provide you platoons and leaders you do not know ;)

But, you are right. We should also try creating small matches, right away... now playing!

This will be the first move.
On the other hand, i see almost noone is using the beta plug in so i do not know if i should continue.

PS.: You install this as a bblog plug in.
Cross platform games are not possible and not equal.
Im competetivly playing battlefield sind December 12. The biggest problem i had in my time as a vehicle player is, when your team are not 8 persons like with you only 3 in ts but you want to play some matches. There is no way then just asking a ton of friends whether they also want to have a fun match and also ask maybe some to go in different teams that you have some kind of fun match. This takes a lot of effort and trouble.

Servers are not the problem almost everybody i know have access to servers that he can administrate, so i dont think servers will be the prob. It is more the prob finding 16 players want to play some random fun match against each other.

Well i can offer you to make a video about your plugin and show it to my 2500 subs. I have also access to upload a video on a 250k subs channel. But there for i have to ask somebody. I really appreciate work in this. And if you go on with this i try to support you with this as much as i could.

Cross platforms cant be done at nowastate from 3rd party i know that. In the Video it is ment that way that you have a global skill database made up of this skillrankings. So after some matches a bad pc player can also come in a match with a good console player because in total they are equally enemies.

Waiting for a reply, btw added you on bl.
Topicstarter
I totally agree with. Really, most times i play with my 2-3 friends and we are trying to win a match when the rest of the team is not playing. I feel you man. But this is the game... only dice can make such big changes.

If you see the comments above, you will see the idea of a ranking system but most important is tha main idea. Then we will try to make it competitive.

Thank you very much for your advertising offer. We can arange that as long as we leave the beta stage :)