Chrome browser cache BBLog 4.1.1 - Better Battlelog Forums #116880

Sitemap
Topicstarter
After clearing the cache in the browser Chrome plugin BBLog disappears and has to be reinstalled.
That isn't a real bug. The storage engine that is used will be reseted on some specific history clear.
The time i've created the addon there wasn't any other chance to save data permanently.

That never was a problem for any user of BBLog.
Maybe i will change the storage engine in the future but don't expect that.
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Topicstarter
The problem is that the browser cache is increased in size. I have to clean it periodically. After cleaning bblog disappears in batllog. Use program for cleaning CCleaner.
Didn't have such problems, are you sure you're cleaning the cache? By the way, I'm not completely familiar with the way BBLog stores stuff, does it need a synchron storage? If not, you could simply replace localStorage with chrome.storage.local.get (callback) / set. Implementing a sync feature (options sync for example) would be easy with that too.
Post edited 2 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Yes, I'm sure. After clearing the cache only expanding bblog disappears. On the other extensions is no problem.
Post edited 1 x times, last by
@EJIekTpuK
What CCleaner does or not that i cannot confirm.
But as i said, the storage engine used in BBLog is maybe different to other, newer, addons.
Chrome before version 20 (and BBLog was firstly created for V16) doesn't had other methods to store data.

@Kurtextrem

Yes, i know the method to simple change the storage engine but the BIG problem is, it requires more permissions. So when i change it, BBLog will not work anymore for all chrome users, unless they accept the new permissions. The problem is, nobody will see a notifiy about it, so we will loose a lot of users.

We all know the kind of people:
* Paranoid = WTF they changed permissions, delete the app
* Lazy = It not works anymore but i don't want to read or research why
* Fanboy = Sure sure, thx for the update
* Flamer = It not works, WTF have you done
* even more...
Workaround for you: Export BBLog settings before a cleanup -> In the BBLog Options Menu on the left of Battlelog.
Topicstarter
During installation, a window pops up where you have to take permission. What's the problem? If you leave as is, I'll be forced to remove BBLog and will not use it. I guess I'm not the only one.
Topicstarter
If you do not understand what I mean, then watch the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsR4aEvP9wo&feature=youtu.be
EJIekTpuK wrote:
During installation, a window pops up where you have to take permission. What's the problem? If you leave as is, I'll be forced to remove BBLog and will not use it. I guess I'm not the only one.

I know what your problem is, never said anything against it.

During Installation => Yes, Popup
During AutoUpdate for all existing peoples => No Popup, just disabled without warning

If you think so to delete BBLog we cannot stop you from doing that.
Topicstarter
BrainFooLong wrote:

If you think so to delete BBLog we cannot stop you from doing that.

I do not want to stop me. I just wanted a constructive dialogue to find an acceptable solution. But apparently no one is interested.
The only solution you accept is a definitive fix.
That is not possible without loosing a lot of existing users because of the chrome permissions thingy.
I have mentioned a workaround for your special case.
You said you'll be forced to remove BBLog if we do not change it - I said we cannot stop you.

A constructive dialog, without hate, bad words or something similar, isn't it?
But you sound a little bit frustrated, which i understand but cannot change currently.
Just don't use CCleaner. Use the chrome integrated cleaning, I use it all the time and haven't had any problems.
CCleaner only messes up your system, like it did to me couple of times.
CCleaner actually cleans the cache better than chrome itself. I guess the problem you have is because of the CCleaner plus thing (I'm not sure how it's called - those entries ending with *, it's a program which added them). Untick them and try it again, I'm sure it doesn't delete BBLog (I'm using the same and it isn't deleting it... Also you should try compact databases, it speeds chrome up.)
Topicstarter
I found the reason. It is highlighted in red.

http://f5.s.qip.ru/MgWBRxH6.png

I think the problem is solved. Thank you all for participating.
Great.