Talking a bit about Better Battlelog's future - Better Battlelog Forums #135718

Sitemap
Post edited 2 x times, last by
Topicstarter
But first, i begin with the past.

2011, with the start of battlelog, Better Battlelog has come to life. All beginned with a super small set of features.
BBLog was growing and growing over the years and now it's a worldwide used goody for battlelog, for advanced and casual users as well. It's possible only with the help of the community, great translators, awesome supporters and such kind of contributors.

Right now, as of March 2015, my spare time changed a bit and BBLog is now pretty much unchanged since some months. This have several reasons, one of this is my lack of spare time, another reason is that there is simply not that much to improve on battlelog as it was some years ago.

Some features that have been rejected for integration into BBLog have been done by plugin and theme developers. They make that stuff for that i don't have time or for things that simply doesn't fit my "style guideline" for BBLog features.

BBLog is used by about 23.000+ users, every single day. Cool, isn't it?

Now talk about the future topics

Mozilla Firefox Support - Maybe will be dropped

This reason is simple. Mozilla will reject all extensions that are not signed by AMO (Mozilla Addon Center) -
https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2015/02/10/extension-signing-safer-experience/
In general i support that idea, it helps us all to get rid of the unwanted extensions that come with several installers. Google chrome have done the same a year ago.
What i can do is to submit the addon to mozzila addon center. I've done so a few weeks ago. Right now, nothing happened. The sign process of mozilla is horrible, slow and so much strict.
BBLog is designed to work on several browser engines with the same code - That mostly not fit with mozilla addon rules because they say you should use mozilla native code whenever possible, you should not use that or this, etc...
That's not the biggest problem, it's fixable, the big hammer is simply that they need over a month to check a newly uploaded addon version. That's horrible. That haven't changed since years, i tried it at the beginning of BBLog - I decided to remove the addon from their addon center because of that behaviour.
Maybe it will be better in the near future but i don't have much hope for that.
Firefox usage shrink since years, 25% of all BBLog users currently use firefox, some years ago it was 75%.

Windows 10 - Spartan Browser - Maybe will be supported

I follow every news about that. Microsoft decided to integrate a similar extension system as google chrome has. I like that and whenever possible BBLog will support this browser from the beginning of his live.
This will possibly result in a huge grow of the userbase when W10 comes to life.

Battlefield Hardline

It will be fully supported by BBLog with mostly the same features as for Battlefield 4. Expected release a few days after BF Hardline release. However, i'll not buy that thing.

Star Wars Battlefront

I plan to support that as well because it will use battlelog as well. I'm excited about a new franchise on battlelog.
Okey, great news! I'm going to translate this into Russian Language
Topicstarter
You don't need to, this board is english only, even for official news.
No no, in my board on Battlelog, I translate to it all BBLog news
Topicstarter
DaniluK4000 wrote:
No no, in my board on Battlelog, I translate to it all BBLog news

Awesome.
Post edited 4 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Update to Star Wars Battlefront.
http://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/32wdet/star_wars_battlefront_will_not_use_battlelog/cqfdknk

All that info come from the DEVS and producers directly and i interpret this now:

1. There will be no battlelog for star wars battlefront, i think that's plausible.
2. They also said that there is "No browser game launching", also i think that's plausible - Browser game launching is one of the most controverse features in battlelog. Battlelog itself is cool for stats and stuff like that, but not for game launching, that should be a in-game browser, imho.
3. Uprise Dev said: "The thing we (Uprise) are working on is built from scratch." - That means to me that they work on a new web-based thingy for community stuff for star wars, i think that's plausible also. Star Wars as a way more different than the BF or MOHW series, using the battlelog for Star wars battlefront will be like using a cube for a round hole.

All in all i am pretty sure that we can expect a "starlog" community platform without game launching instead of a "battlelog" community with game launching. If yes, i will make a "Better Starlog" if possible and required :)
Don't drop Firefox Support for all... :(

Can we mantain Firefox addon without stay in Marketplace/AMO?
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Nano wrote:
Can we mantain Firefox addon without stay in Marketplace/AMO?

That's the problem, mozilla decided to disable this ability.
I keep bblog awake for firefox as long as possible.

Currently waiting since 40!!!!!!! days for bblog addon review process from the AMO, horrible, it's crazy.
Topicstarter
Never ever try to upload an addon to mozilla AMO, it's horrible

http://i.imgur.com/btKKnqn.png
I read your post in reddit... lol

But if Mozilla remove completely this ability, i'll be forced to change my main browser... :(
Topicstarter
Nano wrote:
I read your post in reddit... lol

But if Mozilla remove completely this ability, i'll be forced to change my main browser... :(

:) We will see
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Spartan (Edge) is using combined engine of Mozilla and Chrome?

User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.71 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.0
BrowserEngine: Edge
BrowserEngineVersion: 12.0
BrowserName: Spartan
OSFamily: Windows
OSVersion: 10.0
isBrowser: yes
isMobile: yes
x64: no
normalizedBrowserName: Spartan
appCodeName: Mozilla
appMinorVersion: BETA
browserLanguage: ru-RU
cpuClass: x64
language: ru-RU
systemLanguage: ru-RU
userLanguage: ru-RU
appName: Netscape
appVersion: 5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.71 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.0
platform: Win64
product: Gecko
productSub: 20030107
userAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.71 Safari/537.36 Edge/12.0
vendor:
vendorSub:
Topicstarter
Rumors say it will support firefox and chrome extensions or in a very similar system, but nothing of that has currently been confirmed by microsoft.
BrainFooLong wrote:
Rumors say it will support firefox and chrome extensions or in a very similar system, but nothing of that has currently been confirmed by microsoft.

But after release