Because of new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in EU, all websites have to deal with new rules.
Getbblog.com does have several data saved for user accounts (email, secure hashed passwords, and all data what the user have entered in profile) and additionally some tracking data for statistics.
Some of that data is, somewhat, "sensible". To follow all the rules of GDPR, it would take a lot of time to change the system and inform users everytime if anything changes related to their data. I had some problems with idiots, copyright and stuff like that before, as probably every "bigger" website does have. On the other hand, getbblog.com is in a "wait for death" state currently, no active development happens anymore. So, i decided to "shutdown" the service.
What will be deleted/changed?
- In one word: ALMOSTEVERYTHING :)
- All data assigned to an user account will be deleted, except the "username".
- Password hashes and emails will be deleted
- Any social media connection/reference will be removed
- Profile images, banners, signatures will be deleted
- Private messages will be deleted
- Plugins/Themes will be deleted
- Login and registration will be shut down
- Forum posts and threads will not be deleted
- Forum posts and threads are all read-only, as logins are shut down anyway
- Google adsense/analytics will be removed
- All extension APIs will be disabled. No reports, no themes, no plugins anymore
- Extension itself will kept online in the chrome store
What "personal" data do getbblog.com still collect?
- Anonymized website statistics with Matomo, with anonymized IP 192.168.xxx.xxx, Do not track setting of your browser will be respected
What to do if you have questions regarding your personal data?
Contact me at
What if you are in nostalgia mode and want to know what was good before?