Battlefield 3 Customization Editor - Better Battlelog Forums #1684

Sitemap
Topicstarter
(Last Update 1st May 2012)

Hello everyonehttp://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2646371

I'm here to bring you an application for Battlefield 3 that you'll find very interesting (hopefully).

Battlefield 3 Customization Editor is a program which allows you to edit your loadouts while not being in-game.

[*]MBT loadout[/*:m]
[*]IFV loadout[/*:m]
[*]AA loadout[/*:m]
[*]JET loadout[/*:m]
[*]Scout Chopper loadout[/*:m]
[*]Attack Chopper loadout (pilot and gunner)[/*:m]
[*]All classes gadget one[/*:m]
[*]All classes gadget two[/*:m]
[*]All classes specialization[/*:m]
[*]All classes appearance[/*:m]
[*]All classes primary[/*:m]
[*]All classes secondary[/*:m]

Also you can save your favorite loadout so you can load it whenever you want.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y8d9e13yw8rxeyd

NOTE
:
before proceeding to use it I recommend to create a back up copy of your settings file (My Douments\Battlefield 3\settings\)

You may also disable Origin Cloud. If you get a message from Origin Cloud while you're trying to launch Battlefield 3 you should select the Local file, otherwise every change will be undone.

Any feedback/question is appreciate.

Thanks for your attention. :)

//Changelog
24/04/2012

+ The program should now check if player owns or not the unlocks
+ Added a checkbox which allow the user to select all the unlocks (owned or not)
25/04/2012

+ Added the possibility to change all the classes Gadget One (currently not checked if owned)
+ Added the possibility to change all the classes Gadget Two (currently not checked if owned)
+ Added the possibility to change all the classes Specialization (currently not checked if owned)
+ Added the possibility to change all the classes Appearance (currently not checked if owned)
30/04/2012

+ Added the possibility to change all the classes Primary Weapon (currently not checked if owned)
+ Added the possibility to change all the classes Secondary Weapon (currently not checked if owned)
+ Now you can save your favorite loadout and load it whenever you want
+ Added some program settings (to change them go on the "Settings" tab)
* Changed the icon (maybe a better one is needed)
1/05/2012

* Fixed the FAMAS
You're a programmer? Nice :)
I'll be sure to try it out and share my feedback on it.

UPDATE: The only thing I think would be useful is if it shows if the options are unlocked or not.
Topicstarter
"programmer" is a big word. I know some programming languages and I love making some tools which I usually use myself and sometimes share them with someone. Anyways it's just a hobby, I've learned most of the things by myself (mainly using the internet :P ).
Yeah, but still. If you'd compare me and you in programming language know how, you'd be seen upon as a god of programming :) I myself have been trying to read some about C# and Java, but I got bored of all the reading so I quit pretty fast :/

HTML and CSS is my cup of tea, just playin' around and having fun with it.

I updated my first post with my feedback.
Topicstarter
xXJumpyXx wrote:
Yeah, but still. If you'd compare me and you in programming language know how, you'd be seen upon as a god of programming :) I myself have been trying to read some about C# and Java, but I got bored of all the reading so I quit pretty fast :/

Well, I admit that most of the times it's frustrating, but when I got it to works it makes me happy, you know... to see your own creation working. :)

xXJumpyXx wrote:
UPDATE: The only thing I think would be useful is if it shows if the options are unlocked or not.

I'll see what I can do. Anyways if you join a ranked server and you have equipped an unlock you don't have the game shouldn't equip it (it'll probably change it for something else).

EDIT: okay, I think there's no problem with it. I'll try to implement it as soon as possible.
So, with this program ill be able to keep my camo with every class in any server and any map witouth have to change it by myself over and over again? (in the future, obviously)
Topicstarter
wasakakero wrote:
So, with this program ill be able to keep my camo with every class in any server and any map witouth have to change it by myself over and over again? (in the future, obviously)

Hopefully yes, but I can't guarantee anything for now. As you may know that problem it's probably caused by the game when it should saves the appearances and it probably screw them up. Most likely my program will make it easier to check if they're saved or not (and naturally change them).

Anyways I've updated the first post with a new link.

Feedback is highly appreciated, thanks. :)
Topicstarter
I've updated the first post. New version has been uploaded and there are some additions (read the changelog).

Please post your feedback.

Thanks. :)
Dendari wrote:
I've updated the first post. New version has been uploaded and there are some additions (read the changelog).

Please post your feedback.

Thanks. :)

i'll test it tomorrow night, specially for the cammo thing :)
awesome
just tested it out and it is working perfectly

thanks
Topicstarter
wasakakero wrote:
i'll test it tomorrow night, specially for the cammo thing :)

I've done some tests and the camos not saving problem appears to happen only when you spawn for the first time using the "Deploy" button in the first spawn menu with all the spawn point. My program can't do anything about that but you may avoid it using the "Deploy" button in the "Customize" menu. This is needed only for the first spawn in a round for the rest of the round you can use the default spawn menu.

DeathtoAll6 wrote:
awesome
just tested it out and it is working perfectly

thanks

No problem. :)
Topicstarter
Bump. I wanted to inform you guys that I'm still working on the Customization Editor. Currently I'm working on the attachments (which I believe will take a lot of times) and other stuff (like the ability to save and load the loadouts).

Thanks for your patience and feedback. :)

P.S. If you can share this tool with other people, please do it. I need as much as possible feedback.
Dendari wrote:
Bump. I wanted to inform you guys that I'm still working on the Customization Editor. Currently I'm working on the attachments (which I believe will take a lot of times) and other stuff
(like the ability to save and load the loadouts)

Thanks for your patience and feedback. :)

P.S. If you can share this tool with other people, please do it. I need as much as possible feedback.

what does this means?
Topicstarter
It should allow you to load/save your favorite loadouts, so you don't need to choose again all the weapons, gadgets, attachments, "perks" and camos every time. This should be useful for those who play in some clan or anyways competitive so they can instantly load their "competitive" kit.

P.S. about the camo problem, you may try this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh18ZMUK2C4
;)
Topicstarter
I've updated the first post. New version is out, I'm very near to release the first no Beta version. Currently the only remaining things are probably the attachments.

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. :)
Dendari wrote:
I've updated the first post. New version is out, I'm very near to release the first no Beta version. Currently the only remaining things are probably the attachments.

Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. :)

cool thanks

will try it out soon
I put a news on my clan website with link to this thread.
I hope u like that.
http://www.cs-family.de
As I wanted to minimize to tray, this failure came up (German Computer):

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei "C:\Users\Marco\Documents\Battlefield 3 Customization Editor\values.ini" zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
bei Battlefield_3_Customization_Editor.Form1.Form1_Close(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Battlefield 3 Customization Editor
Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 1.0.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Marco/Downloads/Battlefield%203%20Customization%20Editor/Battlefield%203%20Customization%20Editor.exe.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Core
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.276 built by: RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll.
mscorlib.resources
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300).
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
System.Xml
Win32-Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

Btw: U want a german translation from another hobby-programmer? ;-))
Topicstarter
First of all thanks for using and sharing the program.

About the error: I've translated it and it should say something like "cannot access a file because it's being used by another process". It's strange because: 1. if you minimize to tray the program shouldn't try to access that file at all 2. never happened to me

May I ask you if it still appears every time you minimize the program (or you do anything else)?

About the translation: currently it isn't an high priority, but in the future I think some translations will be needed.

Also: I'm still working on the program, I've done many changes and as soon as I can I'll release a new version (currently working on the 855 attachments).
I think maybe another instance of the program is already running or BF3 itself is running or file is write protected.
Topicstarter
I doubt BF3 is accessing that file, it's related to my program, so only my program should access it. And it should access it only when you open or close it, this is why it's strange it appears when he minimizes it.

EDIT: i was thinking, are you launching the program with admin rights?
Yes, on every minimization.
Yes I am the Boss on my mashine ;-)

EDIT: Today it works fine. If I have that issue again I'll let u know.
But another thing is the pistol 443 TACT(ical) in ur app is the one with supressor in the gaym as I found out. Looks like the failuredevil was there and misunderstood TACT as taclight ;-))

For language: I would really like to make a translation. I know many german guys who are not as good with english as I do. Some things in ur app are not really easy to understand if u are a noob in english.
So if u have a language.txt or something like that, give it to me and in 24 hours u get the first 2nd language.
Topicstarter
Glad the problem resolved itself (still, it was strange).

About the MP443: I know it, on the list there are 2 MP443 (my bad). Naturally fixed.

Anyways, currently I prefer to finish the main features of the app, then I'll add the translations in the future.
OK, just let me know if u want my help.
Topicstarter
So, I've got some news.

DICE is gonna add the ability to change your loadout into Battlelog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nllr1e4nk289tn/NGC%202012%20Battlelog.pdf
(scroll down)

They're gonna add this within the next game client update, which I presume is the same day when the next DLC will come out.

This mean that my app will be pretty much useless. I don't think I'll continue working on it, but I doubt I'll completely delete the project (probably I'll continue it privately).
Hm, lets just hope the camo selection won't reset every match ...
juress wrote:

agree
They saw ur app and now they copy it.
Apple would make millions now ;-))
Dendari wrote:
DICE is gonna add the ability to change your loadout into Battlelog

have you a good source?
Dendari wrote:
DICE is gonna add the ability to change your loadout into Battlelog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nllr1e4nk289tn/NGC%202012%20Battlelog.pdf
(scroll down)

That was an interesting PDF file, how did you come across it?
https://twitter.com/jbripley/status/205993709286866944
juress wrote:
https://twitter.com/jbripley/status/205993709286866944

Topicstarter
juress wrote:

They should fix the game itself. I've done some tests and it seems the problem happens right after you join a match. Watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh18ZMUK2C4

About the source: there are the names of the Battlelog developers at the end with their twitter, check them out (I found it there).