Enhanced Local User Radar: User Tagger - Better Battlelog Forums #1693

Sitemap
Topicstarter
User Tagger:

currently the EA ID/Origin ID/Battlelog ID whatever you want to call it - it doesn't always match up with a players Xbox Live Gamertag ID.

All of these different identities make it difficult to remember who is who.
I know it shows the PC, XBOX, and PS3 Soldiers that are tied to a particular Battlelog ID on all users' Battlelog Profiles. I just think it would be easier to identify who is who on Battlelog if we were able to display our own name for the user that would override their Battlelog ID.

For example:
my Battlelog ID is ViciousTwistt because ViciousTwist was already taken.
my Xbox Live Gamertag is ViciousTwist.
I changed my Battlelog ID to help make it easier for people, but a lot of players don't know how to change their Battlelog ID's or even care to change it.

I want to be able to tag a user's Battlelog ID and rename it whatever I want.
instead of his Battlelog ID being displayed as JohnDoeSoldier11, I want to be able to rename it to whatever his Gamertag was when we played and met on Xbox Live, so I can better remember who he is.

example:
his Battlelog ID is JohnDoeSoldier11.
his Xbox Live Gamertag is Aceyalone.
I want to be able to rename his Battlelog ID, so that it shows up as Aceyalone for me across the entire Battlelog website. I never want to see the name JohnDoeSoldier11 again, because I won't remember who that is.

Thanks,
ViciousTwist
Tehran Highway Patrol - [HWY]
Nice idea! ;)

However, I guess it'll be tough, because it needs a lot of storage. Can't give you an answer though. You need to wait for Brain.
I definitely not want to integrate this.
This requires is loooott of work and rework for battlelog and is only helpful for non PC players.

Greetz
Topicstarter
brain wrote:
This requires is loooott of work and rework for battlelog and is only helpful for non PC players.

Greetz

I think you should rethink this decision.
Your reply sounds rather selfish. You don't consider XBOX & PS3 to be a significant user base?
If you combine the XBOX & PS3 population that plays Battlefield 3 you will find that it is larger than the PC population, and while the consoles don't require Battlelog to function - it is still an incredibly large number of people to be ignoring.

You didn't reject the idea because it was impossible to implement. You rejected it because PC users are apparently the only thing that matter to you.

Because of this, I would say you are an idiot for only catering to PC players.
If your answer were a valid one, EA wouldn't have bothered to include XBOX & PS3 users to the Battlelog website they created.

You are making a huge mistake.

a similar feature to the User Tagger that I requested exists for another add-on that I use called Reddit Enhancement Suite:
http://redditenhancementsuite.com:8080/wiki/index.php?title=User_Tagger

This feature works fine. In fact I would say you're halfway there. You've already created the Local User Radar. It tracks every Profile by their actual Profile ID # instead of their username. I checked it. It's all there. Just work on it a little more and allow us to Tag people with new names.

Don't give in so easily, are you a quitter?
I don't think you are...
ViciousTwist
ViciousTwist wrote:
brain wrote:

Greetz

I think you should rethink this decision.
Your reply sounds rather selfish. You don't consider XBOX & PS3 to be a significant user base?
If you combine the XBOX & PS3 population that plays Battlefield 3 you will find that it is larger than the PC population, and while the consoles don't require Battlelog to function - it is still an incredibly large number of people to be ignoring.

You didn't reject the idea because it was impossible to implement. You rejected it because PC users are apparently the only thing that matter to you.

Because of this, I would say you are an idiot for only catering to PC players.
If your answer were a valid one, EA wouldn't have bothered to include XBOX & PS3 users to the Battlelog website they created.

You are making a huge mistake.

a similar feature to the User Tagger that I requested exists for another add-on that I use called Reddit Enhancement Suite:
http://redditenhancementsuite.com:8080/wiki/index.php?title=User_Tagger

This feature works fine. In fact I would say you're halfway there. You've already created the Local User Radar. It tracks every Profile by their actual Profile ID # instead of their username. I checked it. It's all there. Just work on it a little more and allow us to Tag people with new names.

Don't give in so easily, are you a quitter?
I don't think you are...
ViciousTwist

Ok, lets start it, this is just a free-time project, and your request need a lot of work to make this work (if its even possible), this plugin is open source, if you want, you can do this and contribute, its best than complain. if roland cant, he cant, and thats all.

We dont like people that insult us.

http://getbblog.com/en/opensource
I rejecteded it because because I don't want to do it. I can't implement every feature request.
Topicstarter
spell check?

am I talking to two 12 year olds?

are you guys the actual developers? what is going on here?
seriously?
Chill.
I am the only developer.
I always respected your opinion - Thinked about it - And rejected because of already explained reasons. You cannot impose upon your opinion to everyone.
This project is made by me and all my team members (Translators, etc...).
We all do this for free in our free time. So there is absolutely no reason to flame around.
Respect to other user's is the key to a good communication.

Thread closed.