Radar changes and updates - Better Battlelog Forums #1812

Sitemap
Topicstarter
Hey guys! Good job so far - I was told to write my ideas up here after emailing Roland directly. I didn't realize this existed! I have a few ideas I will be posting here, I will do them separately so you can easily view and edit them.

This is regarding the "Radar" feature.

1) I am not sure "Radar" is a good name for this, it doesn't have an instant relate-able feel to it. Instead you should call it "Blacklist" (Blacklisted Player, Blacklisted Server). It is a very easy word to instantly understand what this feature is for and gives it a clear definition.
I have seen quite a few posts about people that aren't sure what the Radar feature is used for. If it was called Blacklist, that wouldn't be an issue.

2) When you Blacklist a player or a server, allow users to add a message that will be easily displayed when you try to join a server with a blacklist mark on it (or with a player in that server). It would be nice to know why you blacklisted it/them in the first place.
Possibly just make it a hover over (If you hover over the "Blacklisted" mark it will display the message you have written - so it doesn't tale up unnecessary space.
Good Idea!
i would support the Names "Server Blacklist", "Player Blacklist" and "Forum Blacklist"

on this point: please replace the "reset" button to the last place, not to the first, and use for them a more "unvisible" color, it would be the best if it would be only a normal link like before change.
Topicstarter
ORFK wrote:
Good Idea!
i would support the Names "Server Blacklist", "Player Blacklist" and "Forum Blacklist"

Thanks for the feedback again!
Nice simple names with instant understanding. Makes sense for me at least!

D3
I like this idea as well :) Hope brain will implement/change this in BBLog.
It does sound better with the names that ORFK suggested so if brain does implement this I hope he uses those instead.
Topicstarter
xXJumpyXx wrote:
I like this idea as well :) Hope brain will implement/change this in BBLog.
It does sound better with the names that ORFK suggested so if brain does implement this I hope he uses those instead.

Its the same as I said above.
A 'Blacklisted Server' gets put on the 'Server Blacklist'

If you are looking at a server though, just a simple 'Blacklisted' or 'Blacklisted *object*' would be enough.

Right Click ->
Add to Server Blacklist

When Looking at a blacklisted server ->
Warning!: Server is Blacklisted!

You get the point :P
I don't will change the "radar" to "blacklist" - It's just a design note and personally opinion.

About adding a message when adding to list, impossible with current storage structure.
It needs a complete rewrite of all radar features when i add this, definitely no way :-)

ORFK wrote:
please replace the "reset" button to the last place

Reset button will be moved down but will be a button.
Topicstarter
brain wrote:
I don't will change the "radar" to "blacklist" - It's just a design note and personally opinion.

Seeing as I see quite a few posts on here with people that don't know what Radar is, seems like its not just my personal opinion. People don't know what Radar means without reading on your website about it and I bet not many people can be assed to do that.
It feels like with the current name, the Radar will be pretty much unused my many.

Its clear that some people agree, just reading the comments above. It just makes sense.
On the other hand, there 100% exist people that don't know what a blacklist/whitelist is.
So therefore a change make some people happy but confuses other people.
One problem which comes along with a name change, all description, videos, screenshots, external news depends on the "radar".
If any people read this and don't find it in BBLog they also will be confused.
It makes more problems than good things the blacklist change.