Right Click functionality - Better Battlelog Forums #1813

Sitemap
Topicstarter
I think you should extend the right click functionality by adding more uses.
It would be so useful to have right click functions on multiple sections of the website, but for now I will stick with the Server List.

1) One useful tool would being able to Right click -> 'Favourite' on the server browser. Being able to do this, you will have two options; Blacklist or Favourite (I am using 'Blacklist' in regards to my other post) . This will make it easy to denote how you feel about a server without too many clicks.

2) Extending this, you should add the ability to see the Favorite star next to the server (Similar to Radar (Or blacklist). This also makes it easy to see and instantly visible (Also makes the Blacklist and Favourite icon on the same side - and easy to see.)

Picture Included (Ignore the terrible Icons, you get the idea though).
D3aGL3.Uk wrote:
1) One useful tool would being able to Right click -> 'Favourite' on the server browser. Being able to do this, you will have two options; Blacklist or Favourite (I am using 'Blacklist' in regards to my other post) . This will make it easy to denote how you feel about a server without too many clicks.

For Blacklist you already have the option. For Favourite i think its enough if you can click to the Favourite Button on the right side of the Page.

2) Extending this, you should add the ability to see the Favorite star next to the server (Similar to Radar (Or blacklist). This also makes it easy to see and instantly visible (Also makes the Blacklist and Favourite icon on the same side - and easy to see.)

Favourite Star already exist on the left side and favourated server is highlighted in a blue color. maybe it would be enough to change the background color in yellow or something else and the font color cor blacklisted server in e light grey (mouseover in normal black font)
Topicstarter
If you are thinking like this, then it should have been enough to put Radar button next to the favourite button. See what I mean?

I understand that 'Radar' is already there, but It would be nice to have both there seeing as its each end of the stick.
Also with the Star being on the right side, its just for visibility. As the Radar (or Blacklist) is on the right side - it makes sense to have the Star there as well.

Either way it doesn't matter too much, just little tweaks to improve the continuity of the features to make things like this is the same place and easily usable/visible.

Thanks for your feedback! :)
D3
think could be good to have them on both place.
blacklist by favourite on the right side too and favourite by the context menu too.

i think my secound point (under your secound quote) would be a good solution.
Topicstarter
ORFK wrote:
think could be good to have them on both place.
blacklist by favourite on the right side too and favourite by the context menu too.

i think my secound point (under your secound quote) would be a good solution.

To be completely honest, I barely notice the Star on the left anyway.
There is a nice gap on the right side which makes perfect space for both for easy visibility. It also puts it closer to the middle of the screen because the Social pushes the page over to the left for me (Running 1680x1050).

To be honest I haven't noticed too much about the blue colour on favourite also, I don't have many favoured servers.
I think it's enough as it currently exist.
Radar things exist in a consistent way all over battlelog.
To add another button for the same functionality blow up the layout more and it's not really more helpful. The radar feature is good integrated and accepted by mostly all bblog users and i don't think that i don't change it.
Maybe about favorites to rightclick menu is a good idea but at this point it makes less sense because of the above reasons.
A button already exists for favorit and most users also don't favorite servers in the server browser.
The common case is: They play a game, see that the server is good, goto battle report and favorite the server.