Dice Friends - Better Battlelog Forums #1851

Sitemap
Topicstarter
This plugin integrates the playing Dice employees in your comcenter. This allows you to join their servers in one click. You can also see if they have a Dice or a Dev team dogtag equipped.
The list of players comes the the Official DICE Platoon and is refreshed every 5 minutes.

https://raw.github.com/azixMcAze/DiceFriends/hunt-dice/DiceFriendsPlugin.js

Note : The dice players int the com center are drag and drop-able like any online friend, but I have no idea if you can invite them to a party or to join a server. Maybe it is better to not try :). But anyway, I will try to prevent that in a future release

As I said in Pun1a's thread, it seems that I am late with this plugin, but the plugin is done and it would be a waste to not share it anyway :)

Versions :
1.1.1-hunt-dice (29 sept) : Added a configuration window to filter the players by platform or by dogtag
1.1.0-hunt-dice (27 sept) : Alternate version getting its data from
http://www.furydivine.net/hunt-dice/
supports console players and DICE Friends dogtags
1.0.3 (11 July) : DICE player list should no longer disappear when friends log in or log out
1.0.2 (5 July) : No longer displays player on ps3 or xbox
1.0.1 (3 July) : Support for languages other than English
1.0 (3 July) : First release

(old version, no hunt-dice :
https://raw.github.com/azixMcAze/DiceFriends/master/DiceFriendsPlugin.js
)
I can see dice devs online on stalk dice site and not on the plugin >__> just saying nice concept tho bud..
does this only work when they play or even when they're online?
Topicstarter
Only when they are playing.

Yes it, the plugin only list the payers on the DICE platoon, Stalk Dice lists more players. I will try to a more complete list of players in a future version
Does it work with the expanded Com-Center? Because if I expand it I cant see the DICE section :/

Edit: I'm very confused ^^. If I open a party I can see it, also if I change the languages to english.
Topicstarter
It should work in any configuration and never disappear. Did you see the "Dice friends" section with in minimised comcenter ?
I edited my post, and yes in minimized com-center I can see it.
Topicstarter
You are right, this is not working with an other language than english >_<
I have to investigate
But with the permanently minimized Com-Center it works fine in german (and other languages)
Topicstarter
It should work now in other languages :)
Thank you. Now I hope one of the guys from DICE will play that I can take his dogtag :P
Topicstarter
The bright dogtag icon means that the player has the Dice dogtag (with the 3 on it) required to unlock the m1911 S-Tact, the darker icon means that he only has the Devteam dogtag (with the three lines of text)
http://spaxi.at/screenup/screenup_47201223424879.png
Topicstarter
The players should no longer appear in the list when they are not playing on PC
Your version is better, I must admit. I wrote my plugin in one night (drunk much cola, haha) and after that night I didn't have the time (and the desire) to improve it. So I have to thank you, I don't have to work on that plugin anymore! haha :D

I'm working on a new plugin, coming in the next days. Hope you don't work at the same! :D
This plugin is just so great. It also gives me lols. I just saw a DICE dev get a 1 hour ban from a server for using M320! lolololol
Those naughty rule-breaking campers... :D
Hey guys,
is there a chance to make several groups, because i really hate it when i see 40 people in a row online or playing :D

So thanks a lot in advance!
Topicstarter
_ddonut_ wrote:
Hey guys,
is there a chance to make several groups, because i really hate it when i see 40 people in a row online or playing :D

Hi, this plugin only adds players at the bottom of the comcenter, it will not modify or reorganise your friend list. So sorry, no groups.

Joao611 wrote:
This plugin is just so great. It also gives me lols. I just saw a DICE dev get a 1 hour ban from a server for using M320! lolololol
Those naughty rule-breaking campers... :D

Yes, some are really big campers :D
But with a constant assault from dogtag-hunters, I understand they prefer hiding and waiting for the kills :D

Pun1a wrote:
I'm working on a new plugin, coming in the next days. Hope you don't work at the same! :D

No need to worry. I will just wait you release your new plugin to start working on the same one :p
I wanted to let you know that I added you plug-in, found two employees, played for 15 minutes, and got my tags. It was amazingly quick. I was lucky... thanks for the awesome plug-in - it did the work!
Very cool plugin, thanks ;)

Since i'm looking for the "Dice Friends"-Dogtag as well, it would be awesome if i could add people to the list. Even if they are not gathered in a platoon.
I discovered your plugin, great job ;-)

I have developed a small extension for my small team (8 members)
and would be really great if you could provide me with a version that is compatible with greasemonkey (UserScript).
Because I have tried to include your code, but it does not work without BBlog :-(
I have nothing against BBlog, is the best extension for Battlelog.

I'm aware that your code must imperatively must retain the copyright notice.

I hope very much that you will accept.
Thank you in advance.
See you soon, TESLA
azixMcAze wrote:
This plugin integrates the playing Dice employees in your comcenter. This allows you to join their servers in one click. You can also see if they have a Dice or a Dev team dogtag equipped.
The list of players comes the the Official DICE Platoon and is refreshed every 5 minutes.

https://raw.github.com/azixMcAze/DiceFriends/master/DiceFriendsPlugin.js

Note : The dice players int the com center are drag and drop-able like any online friend, but I have no idea if you can invite them to a party or to join a server. Maybe it is better to not try :). But anyway, I will try to prevent that in a future release

As I said in Pun1a's thread, it seems that I am late with this plugin, but the plugin is done and it would be a waste to not share it anyway :)

Versions :
1.0.3 (11 July) : DICE player list should no longer disappear when friends log in or log out
1.0.2 (5 July) : No longer displays player on ps3 or xbox
1.0.1 (3 July) : Support for languages other than English
1.0 (3 July) : First release

And what about the dice friends?
Topicstarter
TESLA wrote:
I have developed a small extension for my small team (8 members)
and would be really great if you could provide me with a version that is compatible with greasemonkey (UserScript).

Hi!
I converted the plugin to a user script. you can get it here :
https://github.com/azixMcAze/DiceFriends/raw/greasemonkey/DiceFriendsPlugin.user.js
:)

Can you tell me if everything is working correctly? I will release it to
http://userscripts.org/
if everything is ok

_und3rl1n3d wrote:
And what about the dice friends?

The current version of DiceFriends fetches the DICE employees only from the DICE official platoon. It only works with a platoon, not a list of players.

HOWEVER, I am working with furydivine on an alternative solution. Stay tuned!
I'm using it now. It took me a bit to get it to work. I had to click on the RAW link for it to work.

I've been working with furydivine as well to make his site look better and emailed him the suggestion about the plugin.

It's listing the console players as well, which is good for those that use BBL while they play on console.
Topicstarter
There was an error in the first version I release, it was using a local file (for debugging purposes) on my pc, instead of hunt-dice data :D. Or are your referencing another problem ?
The link I gave to furydivine was pointing directly to the file and should be usable directly in bblog

I tested the integration of console players in this version, I think I will also add it in the original version.
Ah ok that would be it. I didn't try the link you posted here which wants to be added to GreaseMonkey I only used the one he gave me
Topicstarter
I just uploaded a new version with three important changes :

- It no longer gets the player list from the Official DICE platoon, but from
http://www.furydivine.net/hunt-dice/
thanks furydivine for your cool site!
- As a result, it is no longer limited to the DICE employees that joined the platoon. It will display all the players on Hunt DICE, including the players that got the Dice Friend dogtag! Yay!
- It will also display the console players. (I am still not sure if I will keep this feature as-is. maybe create two versions of the plugin, including or not the console players. Let me know what are your thoughts about it)

One important note :
This is not an update of the plugin, but a new version. If you have DiceFriends installed, you will need to remove or disable your version and add the new link :

Even if this new version has some improvement, I did not wanted to force it to all the current users mainly because of the use of a third party site. (and specifically the use of jsonp instead of json)

anyway, enjoy this new version
Topicstarter
I added a configuration window to the plugin

You can now filter the players by platform and by dogtag. Show only the players that interest you!
Very nice! :)
Just made a great plugin even better.
Great, thanks
So, I'm very new on this things.
I want to add the javascripts and it says invalid url or something.
Please help :(
Topicstarter
Copy this address :

(the address my previous post had been automatically truncated by the forum)
And paste it in BBLOG options/Plugins/Add own plugin
EA broke the plugin just a little. The dog tag icons aren't showing up. The players are showing up just fine though
its not working anymore
Hi azixMcAze,

is it possible for you to fix the broken dogtag icons in the near future?
Topicstarter
ezek1el3000 wrote:
Hi azixMcAze,
is it possible for you to fix the broken dogtag icons in the near future?

Hi, I am sorry but I am going in vacations for a week. But when I come back, I will fix the problem
Topicstarter
Good news, Dice Friends is working correctly again!
THANKS
Very good plugin!

I got a question: is there a possibility to add a custom players list? Cause im not hunting DICE employees, but players with exclusive dogtags like the "5 times mortar medal".

Or can you show me how to add a local file instead of an url?

huntDiceData : "http://www.furydivine.net/api/hunt-dice/active/",
Topicstarter
I am sorry but this is not possible at the moment. Using a custom file instead of this url would not be of any help, because it should contain not only the list of players but also all the information the plugin needs (online presence, server, dogtags)
Suggestion: Can you make it so when the player has Dice Friend tags instead of the Dev tags the dog tag icon is a different color?
I looked at the java script code and saw what image files it's pulling the dog tag image from and noticed there was a yellow one. Maybe use that for the Dice Friend tag for those folks.

Some times I want to go join them and then I see which tag they have when I mouse over and I say to myself, never mind.
Topicstarter
I tried to do it when I released the last version, but I did not liked how it looked. I can give it another try.

You can also filter out the dogtags you're not interested in
Post edited 3 x times, last by
Hello! Settings window doesn't work:
"TypeError: BBLog.modalWindow is not a function
BBLog.modalWindow('Dice Friends settings', popupHtml);"

BatterBattlelog ver. 3.0 and 3.1.1
Tested on: FF 17 / Ubuntu 12.10 and FF 17 / Windows Vista
The settings window is not opening, can you please fix that? I like your plugin very much!
just log on the battlelog and looks like plugin doesn't load..tried log in and out few times
does this go online for bblog 3.x??
/push
Same issue here.

TypeError: BBLog.modalWindow is not a function.
Line 224: BBLog.modalWindow('Dice Friends settings', popupHtml);
Topicstarter
Hello everyone and sorry for the lack of update.
The problem should now be fixed and the settings window should be working again
I think the player list is totally outdated.
Semi-Off-Topic: guys, you should check the DICE friends thread in the english forums, it's funny sometimes.
I'm happy to see you fixed the plugin but the update messes with the Weapon service stars under the Unlocks area.
I had to disable the plugin, then restart the browser and login again for them to show up.

bblmissingstars.png
Topicstarter
Are you sure this is caused by my plugin ?
There is indeed a problem with the weapon service stars, but it happens even when the plugins are disabled. Just reload the page and the stars disapear
Post edited 1 x times, last by
generally i dont know what the service star have to do with DICE friends.
its possible that the BF3stats server was currently offline and thatswhy it was hidden.
for me its working atm and i dont use this plugin.
Post edited 2 x times, last by
azixMcAze wrote:
Are you sure this is caused by my plugin ?
There is indeed a problem with the weapon service stars, but it happens even when the plugins are disabled. Just reload the page and the stars disapear

/edit
Ok yep, it's a BBL thing. I had only noticed this after your plugin got updated and thought the 2 were related. I hadn't noticed the fact that I had refreshed the page during the time I had noticed the problem.
Post edited 1 x times, last by
azixMcAze wrote:

I can confirm that. For me there are no tooltips ( ... kills remaining) under the stars as well. Any news about fixing this?
it's just me or is't not working after today plugin update..tried to log in and out twice
hello all, this plugin no work for all time now or ?? thx
good that someone else pointed that out....any info on that ?
"
azixMcAze
Last active: 10.04.2013 19:13"

It's probably going to take a while for a plugin update, if no one else will do it.
Brady_The wrote:
"
azixMcAze

It's probably going to take a while...

Made my day :)
BrainFooLong wrote:
Brady_The wrote:
"
azixMcAze

It's probably going to take a while...