Exchanging "online" and "in-game" colours - Better Battlelog Forums #1922

Sitemap
Topicstarter
Hello !

As I use Steam every day, it's a bit confusing when I go on Battlelog and see that "online" and "in-game" status colours are opposite of Steam...

It would be nice if there was a plugin or a option in BBLOG that allow us to exchange this two colours in Battlelog.

In Steam, blue is "online" and green is "in-game".
battlelog_colours.png

In Battlelog, blue is "in-game" and green is "online".
steam_colours.png

I hope you understand what I am saying and that is possible to do. Thank you !
Or you could make it so you can designate any color from a palette.
Topicstarter
Yeah, you're right GameFreakBoy. That would be fine and very useful. I really hope it is possible !
Should be no problem with some CSS.

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-small .base-avatar-status-overlay-online {
background-position: -26px 0;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-small .base-avatar-status-overlay-playing {
background-position: 0 0;
}

To change the colors, change the "background-position" value to the x,y pixels from this image.

http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/base/shared/avatar_overlay_small.png?v=6863b

More specifically, "background-position: -26px 0" is green and "background-position: 0px 0" is blue.

Edit:
I spoke too soon, but I found more info.

I didn't test this because I'm happy with Steam's blue/green, but I'd imagine if you wanted any color you could save the image, change the colors to what you want, then reupload or (maybe) just store it locally and point "background: url()" to your new image.

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-small .base-avatar-status-overlay {
background: url(http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/base/shared/avatar_overlay_small.png?v=6863b) 0 0 no-repeat;
}
Not a thing for BBLog Main features. Moved to Custom Themes.
and please dont forget: Battlelog ist not Steam.
So its not needed to have everywhere the same colors.
No it's not Steam, but when you've seen a particular color scheme for years, the exact opposite can be confusing.

In case anyone still cares, I found all the div classes and changed the values to Steam colors:

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-small .base-avatar-status-overlay-online {
background-position: 0 0;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-small .base-avatar-status-overlay-playing {
background-position: -26px 0;
}

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-medium a.base-avatar-status-overlay-online {
background-position: 0px 0px;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-medium a.base-avatar-status-overlay-online:hover {
background-position: 0px -36px;
}

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-medium a.base-avatar-status-overlay-playing {
background-position: -36px 0px;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-medium a.base-avatar-status-overlay-playing:hover {
background-position: -36px -36px;
}

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-large a.base-avatar-status-overlay-online:hover {
background-position: 0px -60px;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-large .base-avatar-status-overlay-online {
background-position: 0px 0;
}

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-large a.base-avatar-status-overlay-playing:hover {
background-position: -60px -60px;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-large .base-avatar-status-overlay-playing {
background-position: -60px 0;
}

.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-supersize2 .base-avatar-status-overlay-online {
background-position: 0px 0;
}
.base-avatar-container.base-avatar-size-supersize2 .base-avatar-status-overlay-playing {
background-position: -320px 0;
}
In UK, Japan, and 57 other Countries of worldwide 221 Countries do you driving on the left side.
chuzuki wrote:
the exact opposite can be confusing.

And who cares about it? Nobody! They are driving on the left, we are driving on the right. Same Thinks, exact opposite.
Topicstarter
Hello.

Thanks chuzuki for writing this part of code ! But just a last question... How do you include this to battlelog now ? :) And thanks brain for moving the topic.

And ORFK, yeah battlelog is not steam, but you see, it was just for the comfort that I requested this feature. Here, we can change some things by writing parts of code. In the real life, we can't order people drive on the right side if they drive on the left side. It's a bit different and not comparable... Of course, this is my way of seeing.
How do you include this to battlelog now ?

Firefox:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/xva4j/swapping_battlelogs_online_and_playing_colors_to/c5pwtch

Chrome:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/xva4j/swapping_battlelogs_online_and_playing_colors_to/c5px0f0

They are driving on the left, we are driving on the right.

And when you drive in a country that drives on a different side than you're used to, it can also be confusing.

And who cares about it?

Clearly OP cared enough to ask, and I cared enough to investigate a solution. If you don't care why are you in this thread in the first place?
Topicstarter
It works fine in Firefox ! Thank you very much chuzuki for this solution ! ;)