Assignment Info plugin - Better Battlelog Forums #93202

Sitemap
Post edited 2 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Yo!

I saw a nice way to improve the assignments page for the assignment hungry. This plugin puts up searchable (ctrl+f) headers for assignments, and also puts up 4 upcoming assignments so you have a bit easier time to figure out what you want to do next. Here's a screenie:

http://i.imgur.com/PINP6dW.jpg

Please note that this is still in the beta, and has a positioning bug in the scrolling detail thing - but nothing serious.

Do you guys know a good way to fetch an image of the upcoming unlock, so I wouldnt have to display a copy of the assignment image? It would be better to see an image of that SCAR-L that I'm about to unlock than that messy assignment image...

You can have your way with my code in
https://github.com/NikkiLoveGod/assignmentinfo

Or you can simply take this simple, yet powerful plugin straight from the oven to your gluttony bellys in here -
https://raw.github.com/NikkiLoveGod/assignmentinfo/master/assignmentinfo.js

BTW, Oh, and it doesn't work for custom assignments done by BBlog.

Leave a comment and tell me if there's any bugs!
Topicstarter
I made an update to this, and edited the original post accordingly - thought I let you know and shamelessly bump this up :P
Pretty nice your plugin ideas.
Post edited 2 x times, last by
Very good idea !

- All texts are in english..it doesn't work in french (and other languages?!)
- Upcoming Unlocks doesn't work for me, it shows 50% done (0/10 revives) for best friends forever but it's already 100% done for me
- I don't like the assignment title on the image, it hides the weapon drawing when you looking for an assignment..instead of the showing the title...maybe it will be more efficient/user friendly to put a search text area (as for weapons/vehicles areas)
Topicstarter
Amkhatar wrote:
Very good idea !

- Upcoming Unlocks doesn't work for me, it shows 50% done (0/10 revives) for best friends forever but it's already 100% done for me
- I don't like the assignment title on the image, it hides the weapon drawing when you looking for an assignment..instead of the showing the title...maybe it will be more efficient/user friendly to put a search text area (as for weapons/vehicles areas)

Yes, all texts are in english. The data comes through BF3stats.com and I dont know if (or how) they support different languages and translatons. Translation is usually quite complicated to do, so I dont think I will be investing a lot of time for it.

Can you give me your battlelog name, so i can take a look why it shows it incorrectly?

Visuals are always a matter of opinion and peronally I think displaying a header with the name is better usability. Atleast in my usecase. Putting up a searchfield is not a bad idea, but I think its again a bit too demanding to build it vs. Its benefits. I'll see if I can move the headers from overlapping the images and still make it look good.
Topicstarter
NLG wrote:

Can you give me your battlelog name, so i can take a look why it shows it incorrectly?

I took a look, if this is your battlelog (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/Amkhatar/assignments/218648765/ps3/) It's a bug where this always get's the PC data, so untill I update the plugin, it doesn't know to fetch ps3 data when appropriate. Thanks for pointing this out!
NLG wrote:
Amkhatar wrote:

Yes, all texts are in english. The data comes through BF3stats.com and I dont know if (or how) they support different languages and translatons. Translation is usually quite complicated to do, so I dont think I will be investing a lot of time for it.

But all texts are already translated in the Battlelog, is it not possible to fetch all texts from battlelog according to the selected language ?
Otherwise the plugin become mostly useless for those haven't a battlelog in english !
Amkhatar wrote:
NLG wrote:
Amkhatar wrote:

But all texts are already translated in the Battlelog, is it not possible to fetch all texts from battlelog according to the selected language ?
Otherwise the plugin become mostly useless for those haven't a battlelog in english !

He's getting the text from a third-party, and they _do not_ provide text in anything other than English. It's not as easy as just grabbing the text from the page (Battlelog), because there is no text - it's images.

OP - you could create a translations file and have people help translate.