Idea for a Playerhunt plugin - Better Battlelog Forums #95640

Sitemap
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Topicstarter
I thought a liddle bit and is it possible to make a plugin which creates a button on every players profile, which, when you click on it, make the player in your friendlist to see when he is playing.
sounds wierd but i mean, when youtubers play you can see it (the most of them dont want randoms in their FL).
like he start playing and plop in your FL so you can see: "ahh, the yotuber is playing, i want to join"
only my idea and i really want to hear yyour opinions ^^
sorry but i dont support plugins for stalking others and/or employees of DICE.
so i dont like this idea and wont give any ideas. sorry. my opinion.
Topicstarter
okay
ORFK's response doesn't mean you can't create your stalky plugin or recieve more opinions, if you can create it, go ahead.
thatswhy i wrote "my opinion" ;-) you can create what you want, i just wrote that i dont like plugins like these and --> I <-- wont support them. BBLog leaves for the Plugin Devs a big space for creative and free work.
Topicstarter
yeah i know, i only wrote okay :D
but i don't know how to do thats why i posted the response ^^
I thought about this, as I'm as well interested in such a plugin (Yes, I'm able to create one). But my main issue now is how can I get the server where someone is playing? Is there any API for that? I'm not into that and google did not give me any great results.
I found a PHP API, but there is no information given about this topic. My work around would be reading the "last seen" servers and get the playerlist from every.. If the player is online in one of them it would work. I guess this is not the best method for that but I did not find anything else which I could load dynamically.
kurtextrem wrote:
I thought about this, as I'm as well interested in such a plugin (Yes, I'm able to create one). But my main issue now is how can I get the server where someone is playing? Is there any API for that? I'm not into that and google did not give me any great results.
I found a PHP API, but there is no information given about this topic. My work around would be reading the "last seen" servers and get the playerlist from every.. If the player is online in one of them it would work. I guess this is not the best method for that but I did not find anything else which I could load dynamically.

look at the stalkDICE plugins in this forum and you will find ways to solve your problem.
Topicstarter
when you are ready with it will be awesome i think :D
Thank you. Looking into it now.

Edit: ca 80% done. Need to adjust some things and then I'll release an early version.
Here you go. Have fun stalking.
http://kurtextrem.de/bbl/extfriendlist.js

Big thanks to Pun1a for the basic code.

Known issues:
The extended friend list is gone sometimes..
Topicstarter
do a new post for it so it is has it's own one
but thanks :DD
Topicstarter
i have a question (explained on pic):
sdbvu.png
I'll do.

If the person is online (but not playing) you can see him, if the person is playing you can also see but also join him. Maybe I'll change the way it works, but at the moment it's fine for me.
Topicstarter
yeah okay
i understand it
only wonderd me why he isn't there