14. May 2013 - BBLog not working - Better Battlelog Forums #98545

Sitemap
Post edited 2 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Today Battlelog released a huge update for battlelog which destroyed our addon.
I can't say when BBLog will work again but it seems to be a longer downtime for this addon.

Any news/talk related to this issue will be discussed here.

Also BBLog will probably reduce your Battlelog Experience until all the things are fixed.
It's recommended, if you have problems with battlelog, to deactivate the whole addon.
Topicstarter
First quick code overview - Many many hours of work.
Plugins probably not longer work, themes need to be re-worked, BBLog need a new basic structure to work on.

Looks not that good for a quick fix - Expected Downtime for BBLog: ~ some weeks.
Topicstarter
Feature Changes related to BBLog Features:

* minimized comcenter is completely removed from battlelog - It just hide out and move a online counter to the top navigation bar
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Geez, I really don't like what they've done.
The step from V1 to V2 was amazing.
V2 to V3, sadly very bad.

Anyway - gonna work on my theme, for some fans that use stylish extension. ETA: some time tonight.
yeah its really bad what they done! Anyway thx for Accepting me to BBLOG Juress :D
Topicstarter
New information - Some tricks saved some work for me -> Faster fixable as i guessed.
I doesn't like v3 at all. The previous version was way better imo (design + function). But well, guess we have to live with it. Thanks Brain, for spending so much time for a better Battlelog.
i think nobody likes the new design except a few clowns from EA/DICE/ESN ;-)
Not me, I like the new header (as a part of a new BF4 design) but i don't like the mix between the new design (header) and old design (feed, stats)
We have to wait for global BF4 design, i think it will be great !
Topicstarter
Good news - First working release come at 15. May 2013.
Not all is working perfect - But most of the stuff is already fixed.

This is a super fast fix. The real stable working follow later, in some days / weeks.
thats awesome to hear it :D btw hope you don't mind if a suggest something, how about putting a blacklist servers I love seen that.
Awesome!

N3cruN wrote:
thats awesome to hear it :D btw hope you don't mind if a suggest something, how about putting a blacklist servers I love seen that.

BBlog has a server radar list + local comments, I think that's what you are talking about. :-)
Thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us in the next update.

Gotta say though, it's going to be a rough couple of weeks...
I really can't wait for the fix. I was so used to BBlog that I totally forgot
HOW
awesome it is.
Topicstarter
The fix is out now.
Amkhatar wrote:
Not me, I like the new header (as a part of a new BF4 design) but i don't like the mix between the new design (header) and old design (feed, stats)
We have to wait for global BF4 design, i think it will be great !

I agree. I like it but it doesn't feel right with the rest of the site.
in the moment you cant change the background
will it get a fix?
http://getbblog.com/en/board/topic/98672/1/BBLog-Background-Changer-is-not-working#post-98675
Topicstarter
ORFK wrote:
http://getbblog.com/en/board/topic/98672/1/BBLog-Background-Changer-is-not-working#post-98675

Not the place to post bugs. I see it in the bug forum.
BrainFooLong wrote:

it was not an bug report, it was an answer of the post before.
Topicstarter
ORFK wrote:
BrainFooLong wrote:

it was not an bug report, it was an answer of the post before.

Right, my bad.
Thanks for the fast patch :)
I really love the look of the better battlelog next to battlelog, especially the animation when I downloaded the patch, it was so awesome!