CS:GO Overwatch (Crowd-sourced Anti-Cheat System) - Better Battlelog Forums #99110

Sitemap
Post edited 1 x times, last by
Topicstarter
Valve has done it again :) They've started Beta Testing a feature called Overwatch to CS:GO that let's
chosen
users pass a verdict on suspected cheaters by watching recorded gameplay of them.

If done right, this can surly halt cheating in a big way. Not only will bans be issued faster, but more cheaters will be caught as well.

From what I understand, the more a user votes (correctly) and is active within Overwatch, that user's votes will count for more, when being compared to a new Overwatch user.

This is something that Battlefield could use as well. If it's proven to be successful in CS:GO, I hope more companies will put it in their games as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruDSYHrLGMo
xXJumpyXx wrote:
Valve has done it again :) They've started Beta Testing a feature called Overwatch to CS:GO that let's chosen users pass a verdict on suspected cheaters by watching recorded gameplay of them.

Super cool...
That dude in the gameplay was sooo obvious :D
Meh, it's either gonna be very successful or a big disaster, it all depends on the players, and personally I don't trust most of them.